Modern technology continues to benefit several major industries in significant ways, and the metal fabrication world is no exception. Recent advances like 3D printing, laser tube technology and various automation tools are changing the way fabrication processes are carried out in many areas, improving efficiency in several.
At Cypress Metals, we’re here to remind you that behind all the high-level tech that goes into sheet metal fabrication and other metal fabrication methods is a high degree of human expertise. No matter what level of technology becomes infused into our industry, you need experienced quality fabricators who understand the fundamentals and how to apply the technology in proper ways. In today’s blog, we’ll look at several of the vital steps our full-service metal fabrication professionals help you complete properly, plus the problems our services help prevent before they ever crop up.
Vital Steps to Metal Fabrication
To be sure your design concepts and visions for the project translate into the proper components without any issue, a process for metal fabrication must be followed. Even a small mistake in one area here can lead to a failed inspection or a need to restart the entire project, and those with expertise in the industry are trained on how to spot the signs of these issues.
Here’s a broad look at the steps included in a custom metal fabrication project:
- Original concept design
- Specific fabrication design
- Product design
- Engineering and prototyping
Issues Prevented by Full-Service Fabrication
Now, the steps we just laid out above are very general. Each of those areas includes several additional steps, and a metal fabrication project will involve areas like forming, cutting, assembling, finishing and installing the finished work. During these various parts of the process, a number of logistical issues may pop up – here’s how a full-service team that works together for your project helps avoid several of them:
- Pollution: Ensuring projects are completed in green, efficient ways requires pros who know the right materials, finishing requirements and welding standards. Without this, your project may not meet code during inspections.
- OSHA concerns: The OSHA is an incredibly strict regulatory body, one that can ding you for issues as small as ladders, safety cages, rails or landings. Every single metal component must be fabricated properly.
- Bulk storage: Custom-fabricated metal accessories are vital for the bulk storage industry.
- Cost-efficiency: Maybe the top single benefit of hiring an experienced, full-service metal fabrication company is the ability to streamline your material handling. We’ll oversee each individual measurement required for your project, plus help move specialized materials through the process without any damage or waste that might show up in other less organized arrangements.
For more on the issues a full-service metal fabrication team can hep prevent, or to learn about any of our metal roofs or fabrication services, speak to the staff at Cypress Metals today.